- This event has passed.
Hunger Walk 2016
May 1, 2016 @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Inshallah ISNEO is participating on Interfaith Hunger Walk set for May 1, we need your participation to represent our Islamic community among other communities that are participating on the walk, we need to support our local society.
Our community have come together last year and did wonderful job, so Inshallah let’s make that happen again… Click here for pictures from Last year’s Hunger walk!
The cause for this walk is to:
- Bringing people of diverse faiths and ethnicity together with respect while serving a common cause: lessening food insecurity.
- Raising funds for the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank.
- Increasing public awareness of the ever increasing poverty and food insecurity within our communities.
Here are ways you can help:
- Bring non-perishable food items to the masjid before May 1st.
- Donate Money for this cause ” a Small Donation box will be located by Men’s Entrance”
- Participate on the walk.
- All of the above.
Inshallah we are planning to meet on May 1st at 1:30 PM at the Masjid to pray Duhr, after Duhr we will go together as a group to proudly represent our Islamic Community on the walk.
- Registration begins at 2 PM and Walk starts at 3 PM.
- We will car pool although you can drive separate if you wish.
- Children and pets are welcome.
- There will be Police assistant at the walk.
- A soup social will follow at Community Christian Church at 210 N. Main St.
Remember if each one of us thought there are other people are going so I don’t have to, we will end up with NO ONE to represent our Muslim community!
for more info please visit http://aaichungerwalk.org/